Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: More From Uncle Ralph
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, October 13, 2007

More From Uncle Ralph

Ralph Nader is still on the job. You should read this entire article at Counterpunch.
Yes, it is a great site.
Nader's article is an excellent example of how our gov't elite blatantly and defiantly ignore the will of the people, in this case, right to their faces.
None of the people who infest our gov't deserve our respect anymore.

[...]
With three fourths of reports completed Cong. Olver, who voted against the war, raised his hand and said, "Spare me, I know full well the overwhelming majority of my constituency is in favor of impeachment." He then told them he would not sign on to any impeachment resolution whether against Bush or against Cheney (H.Res. 333 introduced by Cong. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)). He was quite adamant.
[...]
The Democratic Party line on impeachment is that Bush and Cheney are the most impeachable White House duo in American history (they believe this privately). The Democrats do not want to distract attention from their legislative agenda, and need Republican votes for passage.
[...]
The last question to Cong. Olver was from a young veteran back from Iraq and Afghanistan. "What could we possibly do to bring you around to our way of thinking," he asked?

Cong. Olver's response, after several seconds of silence, was "You have to prove to me that impeachment will not be counterproductive."
This guy Olver is a arrogant scumbag, and a traitor to the Constitution. How can he support impeachment? He would have to start by impeaching himself.
I hope the folks he is supposed to represent give this clown the boot in his next election.
The only thing he represents is the prevailing attitude among his fellow Congressmen that the American people are to be told, not listened to, in the New World Order.

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page