Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: First Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Kill? Or Should Kill?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, July 07, 2007

First Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Kill? Or Should Kill?

Here is another reason to separate church and state. Confusing religion with politics in the west, the way it's done in the Middle East. Must we become like our enemy?
The extremist in the Middle East, and the West want us to think that God wants us to kill evil. Having read the Bible, I know that there is a lot of killing going on in it.
However, I always understood that God reserved the right of the decision as to who lived or died unto God, not men.
I'll defer to a man of faith that I have come to respect, Brother Tim, to clarify. Being a non-believer, I recuse myself from interpreting religious text, however, I don't think the Nazarene would approve of any killing.
From a post at RedState

Tears of Rage…and…I Spit in the Face of the Anti-War American Left
(I really do hope the referenced material below is not true but I fear – and expect - the worst.)

With all the power vested in me as a solitary average-Joe American, I insist that Speaker Pelosi take the earliest opportunity to read the following statement into the Congressional record and then explain exactly how her position regarding continued American involvement in Iraq and the greater War on Terror puts her and her voting base on the right side of human history:

I have no love for Pelosi, but she is clueless about what goes on in Iraq, good or bad. Otherwise, she would follow through with her pre-election promise to end the war.
The following has been passed to us from Iraq by Mr. Michael Yon: At first, he said, they would only target Shia, but over time the new al Qaeda directed attacks against Sunni, and then anyone who thought differently. The official reported that on a couple of occasions in Baqubah, al Qaeda invited to lunch families they wanted to convert to their way of thinking. In each instance, the family had a boy, he said, who was about 11 years old. As LT David Wallach interpreted the man’s words, I saw Wallach go blank and silent. He stopped interpreting for a moment. I asked Wallach, “What did he say?” Wallach said that at these luncheons, the families were sat down to eat. And then their boy was brought in with his mouth stuffed. The boy had been baked. Al Qaeda served the boy to his family.

I agree that this is represents the lowest of the low, if true. However, war crimes are an inevitable outcome of war. This is why war is a bad thing.
Read that again. And again. And again. If you don’t get IT now then, forget your patriotism, I question your humanity.

More…

History reserves a special level of damnation for those members of this supposed religion of peace that do not now step up to do their part to reclaim the name of their faith. This is equally true for any stateside enablers – especially, those in power – who would have us back away from this current confrontation with pure evil and accept anything less than TOTAL VICTORY. (emphasis added)

I suspect the message here is, kill if you are a good Muslim or Christian in order to prevent killing. Victory is the only thing that's important. But I have a question, what is victory in this war? Is it the death of all? Where does the killing end? Should we go on and on like they do in the Middle East for thousands of years?
Anything less only shifts that burden to a later generation. If it comes to that, the eternal shame will belong to the Party of Pelosi and those who put them there in November 2006.
Ntrepid
Proud Member for: 2 years 41 weeks

I find this to be an inevitable outcome of war for the sake of war. We are quickly becoming like the Sunni and Shiite Muslim factions in the Middle East. Killing each other because we always have killed each other. My Muslim friends left the Middle East for the same reason. Like the Pilgrims of old, they just wanted to worship without the persecution. They didn't want to live with all of the killing.
I have a question, if our nation didn't fall for the lies of the NeoCons and didn't invade Iraq, would these war crimes be occurring daily? If Saddam was committing these crimes, would his people revolt if he were still in power?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page