Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A Well Earned Raise?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Well Earned Raise?

From the folks who put the CON in Congress.
Our "in touch with the people" Congress voted themselves a pay raise. I just thought everyone would want to join me in giving these decisive, dedicated, hard working, constitution loving professionals a collective cheer.

HEY CONGRESS, YOU REALLY SUCK!


These hard working regular Joes and Joeannas will make, on average, $170,000 per year. That's gross salary before taxes, not including bribes, kickbacks, illegal gifts, and campaign contributions. Hey, it's only about 4 times the average US household income. They need all this money because they get such a terrible Federal benefits package.
I think their congressional motto must be, "When you got'em down, kick'em in the teeth and walk all over them".
Don't worry, the news isn't all bad,.........................., oops, it is all bad.

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page