Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A question for John Conyers: "Do you think Bush and Cheney have been behaving themselves lately?"
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A question for John Conyers: "Do you think Bush and Cheney have been behaving themselves lately?"

there's a lot more articulate passion to be had from rusty1776 over at daily kos and it's well worth the time to click over there and read all of it... however, here's the guts...
Why did you introduce your Impeachment resolution in 2005 but won't call for Impeachment hearings NOW? Do you think Bush and Cheney have been behaving themselves lately? Is that it? You may have forgotten, but that House Judiciary Committee Chairman's gavel isn't your gavel, it's OUR gavel. You work for US. You need to start pounding that gavel in IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS.

You did NOT take this oath of office:

"I, John Conyers Jr, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States if I can get enough votes and have enough time, against all enemies, foreign and domestic, except George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Karl Rove; that I will bear selective faith and periodic allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation with several mental reservations and purposes of evasion because I'm a politician and that's what we do for a living; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter if Speaker Pelosi lets me. So help me God."

You took THIS oath of office:

"I, John Conyers Jr, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

The responsibilities imposed on you by your oath of office are very evident, Chairman Conyers.

The high crimes and misdemeanors committed by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are very evident, Chairman Conyers.

The Constitutional power granted to the House of Representatives to Impeach for high crimes and misdemeanors is very evident, Chairman Conyers.

You have to begin Impeachment hearings.

If you aren't going to honor your oath of office, you don't deserve to represent us in Congress.

rusty opened his comments with this, something that cuts right to my core, particularly now, with two more subpoenas having been issued...
Subpoenas aren't essential, Chairman Conyers, IMPEACHMENT IS. Subpoenas will either be ignored, or Bush's thugs will just say "I don't recall" a hundred times and then go home and laugh at you.

it's past time to start the real fight... and if we don't get cranking pretty soon, we might as well just forget about it...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page