Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I think Reid is already broke down.
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I think Reid is already broke down.

Thanks to Erick at Redstate. Yes, I said Redstate.
Is Harry Reid Having A Mental Meltdown?
By Erick

This is from the Senate transcript of floor debate earlier. He gets the Attorney General's name wrong (you know, all hispanics all named Antonio) and he can't even get the name right for the second branch of government. Weird.

See below:

I HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT THE FAILED ATTORNEY GENERALSHIP OF GONZALES BUT THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO DO THAT. I MAY NOT HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE THE ONLY ISSUE THAT WOULD BE BEFORE THE SENATE IS A SIMPLE VOTE ON A MOTION TO PROCEED. IF THE MINORITY DOESN'T WISH TO PROCEED TO HAVE A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE ON HIM, IT WON'T HAPPEN. IF THERE WERE EVER AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A LEGISLATIVE BODY TO SPEAK ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE ADMINISTRATIVE BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT, IT'S WITH WHAT'S NAPPING THAT JUSTICE DEPARTMENT. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS READ THE NEWSPAPER TODAY TO FIND OUT WHAT HAS GONE ON IN THIS JUSTICE DEPARTMENT. SHOULD WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN ANTONIO GONZALES? I DON'T THINK SO. BUT WE'RE ON IMMIGRATION. THIS IS A DAY FOR GETTING ALONG. I'M GOING TO DO THE BEST I CAN TO GET ALONG. I HOPE EVERYONE WILL DO THAT, CONTINUE TO WORK ON A BIPARTISAN BASIS TO MOVE FORWARD ON IMMIGRATION.

I smell a Big Rat. I bet my left..., well I just bet that there is a trade in the works. Dems lay off Gonzo if Repubs vote for a silly Immigration Reform Bill.
There is no excuse for letting Gonzo off the hook, unless he decides to roll on the big crooks.
Besides, the immigration bill assumes that everyone is an idiot and will behave as idiots. The new law assumes undocumented illegals will line up to pay huge fines and back taxes, rather than just continue on knowing existing laws aren't enforced. They may not have the education that the rest of us have, but that doesn't mean they're stupid. I understand they want to become legal, but the amount of money they would have to pay is prohibitive.
Here's an idea, make the employers pay fines and back taxes on the undocumented illegals they hired, then let those folks have a green card so they can get back to work.

The new law assumes big business will play by the rules of finding existing US residents for jobs first, then hire from a pool of guest workers. Employers know there is no way to monitor that system, so they likely won't play. They aren't that stupid, either. Besides, they want undocumented workers because it reduces their labor costs.
I don't even want to think about how much of our tax money was spent coming up with this bill.
All we really need to do is pass a law that anyone employed by anyone gets the same wage, benefit, taxes, fees, and worker protections under the law. No one can be exploited, citizen or not. Big Biz doesn't like that idea and so we get this foolishness they are debating in the Senate.
It would be even more insulting if Reid gives up Gonzo just to put this crazy bill through to law.
I think Erick may be correct, Harry is having a breakdown.
I think somebody should kick him in the ass to check and see.

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page