Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Wolfie now has only two allies, the U.S. and Japan, and maybe not the U.S.
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wolfie now has only two allies, the U.S. and Japan, and maybe not the U.S.

i remain completely flummoxed at why he is fighting so hard to stay... is it just arrogance and ego or does he have unfinished business of the neocon variety...? i'm inclined to think it's probably both...
After consistently backing World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz as he faced calls to step down, the United States has now indicated an openness to discuss "all options" for the organization's leadership. ... The U.S., at a conference call meant to win support for the former U.S. Deputy Defense Secretary from the Group of Seven industrial countries -- the bank's biggest donors -- only found an ally in Japan.

meanwhile, wolfie fights on...
"I respectfully submit, to criticize my actions or to find them as a basis for a loss of confidence would be grossly unfair and would be contrary to the evidence we have presented to you," Wolfowitz said in a statement to the board.

"Rather than fix blame for something that wasn't wrong, we should all acknowledge our responsibility as I have acknowledged mine," he said, conceding he made mistakes.

anybody who displays the angry vulgarity of the sort that was revealed yesterday, has forfeited any right to "respectfully submit" anything... so LEAVE, already...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page