Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Oh, puh-l-e-e-e-e-eze, Wolfie, give it a rest
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, May 04, 2007

Oh, puh-l-e-e-e-e-eze, Wolfie, give it a rest

this would be funny if it weren't so pathetic...
[I]n a new characterization, Wolfowitz asserted that the ethics dispute, far from an indictment of him personally, amounts to a shared institutional breakdown. He portrayed the crisis as a misunderstanding -- the product of decent intentions gone awry, combined with vague and dubious bank rules.

"While I am prepared to acknowledge that we all acted in good faith at the time and there was perhaps some confusion and miscommunication among us, it is grossly unfair and wrong to suggest that I intended to mislead anyone, and I urge the committee to reject the allegation that I lack credibility," Wolfowitz wrote. "Rather than attempt to adjudicate between our conflicting interpretations of the events that occurred here, the board should recognize that this situation is the product of ambiguous bank rules and unclear governance mechanisms."

Oh... My... God... the burden of acting or not acting ethically lies squarely with paul wolfowitz and blaming anyone or anything else is a gigantic load of bullshit... to avoid any appearance of impropriety, shaha riza should have resigned and severed all formal business contact with both the bank and its president, her main squeeze, and if she wouldn't do that, it was up to wolfowitz to dismiss her... nothing else would have sufficed...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page