Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Nothing exceeds like excess
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nothing exceeds like excess

the super-rich are VERY different from you and me...
With his new boat, the Wally Island, Bassani has set sail for new territories. The 99-meter-long floating island with a 1,000 square meter deck is big enough for a garden, swimming pool, and a tennis court or helicopter landing pad. The five-story superstructure, reminiscent of an air traffic control tower, can be divided into 12 suites for 24 guests, not including the movie theater, spa, library and gym. Whether the floating luxury villa will ever be built is unclear, though interest is reportedly high.

every once in a while, i run across examples of such obscene excess that i am left gasping in horror and disbelief... this is one of those times...



A digital plan for Luca Bassani's "Wally Island," which has not yet been constructed.



What the owner would see from the windows of the master suite.

Labels: ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page