Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Take care of your people, a great story about a social entrepreneur
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Take care of your people, a great story about a social entrepreneur

from, of all places, the bastion of fundamentalist christian extremism, my disowned home town, colorado springs, a conservative, kita power-spot if there ever was one...
He created a system to help resolve the problems of the working poor who staffed his restaurants by pulling together or creating an array of services, from arranging day care to organizing transportation to making small emergency loans. The goal, he said, was to keep his employees on the job and focused on customers.

this is the kind of person and the kind of story i would like to see a hell of a lot more of... working stiffs and wage slaves are the fundamental ingredient of any organization, be it public or private, for-profit or nonprofit... there IS no product or service, no customers or clients, no cash flow, and no organization without the front-line employees there to deliver it...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page