Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The latest in Human Resources training
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The latest in Human Resources training

< sigh > in a former life, i spent a lot of time with corporate human resources folks... in my initial naivete, i actually believed they had the best interests of the employees at heart... silly me...
How to Protect Your Organization from USERRA Lawsuits

The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) covers employer obligations to employees returning to civilian work after military
service. The act also prohibits discrimination against veterans, present members, and applicants of the uniformed services. USERRA's reach is broad—with more than 25 million people covered under USERRA and two court decisions even holding management and supervisors personally liable for violations.

Here's what you'll learn ...

* Your company's obligations under USERRA.
* Employment actions constituting USERRA discrimination and how to avoid them.
* How USERRA affects employee benefits.
* Training tips and policies concerning leaves of absence.

gosh, and with the escalation bush will announce tonight, there'll be even MORE than 25 million...

(you can register here...!)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page