Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Flogging the "constitutional crisis" horse
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Flogging the "constitutional crisis" horse

yes, i'm sounding like a broken record, even to myself, but i'm gonna keep on keepin' on, crying the alarm about the constitutional crisis the u.s. is in... my sense of urgency has never been higher... we cannot and must not turn a blind eye to the incessant and continuously expanding makeover of our country into an authoritarian state... everything i read points to the fact that the rapidity with which that is happening is increasing, and i fear we don't have much time left before it's showdown time...while i welcome that because it's long overdue, i am not at all sure that our elected representatives in congress are up to the task... in fact, i am pretty sure they're not... at least there's a few out there besides me who see the storm brewing... here's paul begala in the huffpo...
In a way that might make Harry F. Byrd proud, our president is about to embark on a policy of massive resistance. He will instruct his lawyers to delay, deny and refuse to comply with any effort by Congress to get to the bottom of official corruption - especially as the billions squandered or stolen in Mr. Bush's war. He'll try to run out the clock, then take his chances with his hand-picked right-wing judiciary.

and then...? and then...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page