Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: May I recommend "Happy Feet...?"
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, November 24, 2006

May I recommend "Happy Feet...?"



yes, it has a lot of hollywood, kid-movie formula in it... yes, it's about a misfit who finally finds a way to belong... yes, it's also about a misfit who becomes a hero... and, yes, with tickets, popcorn, snacks, and drinks, it set me back an outrageous forty bucks to take my two young grandsons... but, the music is good... the animation is excellent... the characters' voices are right on... there is enough adult-level humor to keep a jaded old fart like me amused... but, more importantly, the reason i'm recommending it is this... the end of the movie shows the world as it's SUPPOSED to be... i'm such a softie that i already had tears in my eyes, but then the ending came along and there was no holding me back... go see it with a kid... you won't be sorry...

p.s. the kid is your cover story...! ;)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page