Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Because McCain's a "Federalist," does that mean he's also an ***hole...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Because McCain's a "Federalist," does that mean he's also an ***hole...?

i commented yesterday on another weblog that i believe mccain is slowly but surely marginalizing himself, and will soon cease to be a potent factor in today's important issues, much less a viable 2008 presidential candidate...

mccain is working hard to position himself as the heir apparent to the fundamentalist christian base, but he's discounting two important things... a big one is that the leaders of that base are being exposed as power and money-hungry hypocrites, willing to sell their flocks to the highest bidder, and the flocks are no longer going to follow these so-called "shepherds" quite so willingly... the second thing, also big, is that the individual members of the churches and religious groups are awakening to the fact that the republicans have shamelessly used and manipulated them to further a decidedly un-christian agenda...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Let me ask one question about abortion. Then I want to turn to Iraq. You’re for a constitutional amendment banning abortion, with some exceptions for life and rape and incest.

MCCAIN: Rape, incest and the life of the mother. Yes.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So is President Bush, yet that hasn’t advanced in the six years he’s been in office. What are you going to do to advance a constitutional amendment that President Bush hasn’t done?

MCCAIN: I don’t think a constitutional amendment is probably going to take place, but I do believe that it’s very likely or possible that the Supreme Court should — could overturn Roe v. Wade, which would then return these decisions to the states, which I support.

STEPHANOPOULOS: And you’d be for that?

MCCAIN: Yes, because I’m a federalist. Just as I believe that the issue of gay marriage should be decided by the states, so do I believe that we would be better off by having Roe v. Wade return to the states. And I don’t believe the Supreme Court should be legislating in the way that they did on Roe v. Wade.

you go right ahead, john, and keep sucking up to that base... just don't be surprised to find that it's built on sand...

(thanks to think progress...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page