Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Oh, yes, Laura... Let's be sure NOT to manipulate people's feelings
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh, yes, Laura... Let's be sure NOT to manipulate people's feelings



(photo courtesy of media needle and AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar...)

heaven's sake, we wouldn't want to do THAT, now would we...?
C-Span: One of the issues that’s come up. Michael J. Fox. The whole issue of stem cell research. Your reaction to the events of the past week.

LAURA BUSH: Well, I don’t have any idea about any of those. I mean, I’ve watch on television just like you have. But the fact is President Bush is the only president that authorized funding for stem cell research. And, um, you know, it’s an issue that it’s easy to try to manipulate people’s feelings about and I understand that. My dad died of Alzheimer’s. You know, there’ s nothing I’d like more than to think there was a cure for Alzheimer’s. Especially before I get to be the age he is, but knowing also how he suffered. It’s always easy to manipulate people’s feelings, especially when you are talking about diseases that are so difficult.

so, i presume that when your husband, the vice president, and karl rove try to instill fear in the american people and claim that a win by the dems next week will mean the u.s. loses the war in iraq, against al qaeda, and the gwot in general, that DOESN'T qualify as manipulation...? never mind... i withdraw the question... no, of course not...

she oughta feel very lucky her stepford-wife wiring didn't malfunction as she was speaking... imagine the endless loop of "before I get to be the age he is," "before I get to be the age he is," "before I get to be the age he is..."


(thanks to think progress...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page