Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Give Keith a hand
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Give Keith a hand

(thanks to bigdog04 at daily kos...)

here's what i wrote...
Dear Colleagues,

I have written several emails directly to Mr. Olbermann expressing my profound gratitude over his willingness to speak the truth at a time when our country is in deeper trouble than I would have ever imagined possible. Now, I am writing directly to you at MSNBC.

To know that there is someone with the courage to say what needs to be said in a public forum gives me some small ray of hope. I can only imagine that the pressure on MSNBC to silence Mr. Olbermann coming from multiple conservative elements is intense. I beg of you, don't bow to that pressure. Mr. Olbermann is nothing less than the Edward R. Murrow of the 21st century, and is a shining example of what real patriotism (as opposed to the phony "you're either with us or against us" variety) is all about.

I am more than willing for my name to be used or to be contacted directly. I am currently living part-time in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but am reachable through my phone number in the U.S., my phone number here, or, of course, through email.

Keep my hope alive and don't put a muzzle on Mr. Olbermann.

Best regards,

Countdown@MSNBC.com
Viewerservices@MSNBC.com
Feedback@MSNBC.com

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page