Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Is Bolton toast...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Is Bolton toast...?

the mustache of serial abuse takes another well-deserved knee to the groin...
Republicans on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Thursday scrubbed a planned vote on President George W. Bush's bid to keep John Bolton as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Committee Chairman Richard Lugar, an Indiana Republican, did not explain why the vote on whether to send Bolton's nomination to the full Senate was removed from the day's agenda and did not say if or when it would be taken up again.

i suppose this may have had something to do with it...
Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT) issued a scathing critique of John Bolton, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, on the Senate floor Wednesday.

In his remarks, Dodd highlighted ambassador Bolton’s professional failings, including reports of negligence and corruption, and read aloud quotes from foreign diplomats who contend that Bolton’s actions have alienated them entirely.

One of Bolton’s colleagues told The New York Times, “He’s lost me as an ally now, and that’s what many other ambassadors who consider themselves friends of the US are saying.”

ok, his nomination has been put on hold twice now in the space of the past two months... my opinion, uninformed, out-of-my-ass, and highly opinionated though it may be, is this: bolton's toast...

p.s. it couldn't happen to a meaner guy...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page