Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bush, at the U.N., welcomes Mahmoud Abbas to D.C.
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bush, at the U.N., welcomes Mahmoud Abbas to D.C.

everybody makes these kinds of mistakes, particularly those who travel a great deal... what sets george bush apart in the brain-cell deprivation department is that MOST people catch themselves and self-correct...
PRESIDENT BUSH: Mr. President, thank you for coming. Yesterday, in my speech to the United Nations, I said that you're a man of peace who believes in a two-state solution. And after our conversation today, once again you confirmed that.

[...]

So welcome to Washington, D.C. I think this is our fifth visit. Every time, I've left our visits inspired by your vision.

without catching himself and without self-correction, we are left to wonder about the inner state of the man and whether or not he is grounded in either time or place, or, as many have speculated, in what the rest of us would call reality...

i have another question... why is it "ok," for bush to talk to abbas, the leader of the palestinian government run by the so-called "terrorist" group, hamas, and not to ahmedinejad...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page