Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Saturday photoblogging: Buenos Aires
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday photoblogging: Buenos Aires

returning to buenos aires from serbia last sunday, my bags each took a different route... they evidently enjoyed stopovers in cities that would have been interesting for me had i been along... when they finally decided to make their way back on tuesday, one of them shamefacedly admitted that my camera had been stolen right out of its hands while sightseeing in madrid... i'm skeptical... i think it was probably forgotten on the table of some outdoor cafe... ah, well...

so, sadly sans camera, i'm reviving a few golden oldies of my buenos aires collection... the rest of them are included as part of a walking guide to buenos aires i put together on my other (non-political) blog...


(click on photos to enlarge...)


Paseaperro

paseaperros (professional dog walkers) are to be found all over buenos aires, sometimes with as many as 20 on the leash at a time, all happy and wagging their tails... but be warned... ALWAYS watch your step - parks, sidewalks, everywhere...!


La Chochona Restaurant in Palermo Soho

half the fun of getting out and about here is the ever-fascinating local architecture, storefronts, and other eye-catching oddities...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page