Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I'm glad to see the NYT is thinking clearly
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm glad to see the NYT is thinking clearly

browsing along at jfk last evening before i dragged myself onto the plane, i saw the daily kos post on the nyt's endorsement of ned lamont over joe lieberman... i was a little surprised but definitely pleased... now that i'm back online, i see that, in the same edition, they've taken a clue from the wapo and turned thumbs down on bolton... those are the right positions, you editorial page folks... glad to see both of 'em...

  • American interests at the U.N. have suffered from Mr. Bolton’s time there, and will suffer more if the Senate confirms him in the job.
  • [T]his is no time for a man with Mr. Lieberman’s ability to command Republicans’ attention to become their enabler, and embrace a role as the president’s defender. ... [T]his primary is not about Mr. Lieberman’s legislative record. Instead it has become a referendum on his warped version of bipartisanship, in which the never-ending war on terror becomes an excuse for silence and inaction. We endorse Ned Lamont in the Democratic primary for Senate in Connecticut.
bolton is unfit for public service and joe lieberman desperately needs to get a clue, the clue being that the united states, with bushco at the helm, is in the midst of perhaps the worst crisis in its history... as the nyt astutely points out, bushco doesn't need enablers...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page