Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A big day in Mexico
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, July 03, 2006

A big day in Mexico

[UPDATE III AND BUMP]

uh-oh... i hope this isn't a sign of rough waters ahead...
Both leading candidates in Mexico's presidential elections have claimed victory, although officials say the poll is too close to call.


[UPDATE II]

now it looks like we might not know the results until tomorrow...
[O]fficials have decided to count all votes before declaring the winner.

[UPDATE]

the polls closed in most of the country over an hour ago, fifteen minutes ago in the westernmost states...

Leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and conservative Felipe Calderon are almost neck and neck, exit polls suggest.




results are expected soon after the polls close at 2000 CDT...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page