Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The comedy spot
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The comedy spot

ok... i just checked in to my hotel in skopje and i'm jet-lagged after 21 hours of travel... i haven't showered yet... i'm watching cnni showing condi scolding iran for its announcement yesterday and the sight of her alone is enough to crank up my blood pressure... fortunately, media matters stepped in with some levity to lighten me up and cool me off...
During the April 10 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, conservative talk show host Michael Savage warned political leaders not to sympathize with illegal immigrants, whom he described as "vermin." Savage stated: "If you take to the streets with the vermin who are trying to dictate to us how we should run America, even though they're not even entitled to vote or be here, you're going to be thrown out of office." Savage added that Americans are "craving leadership" because "[f]eminism is destroying America. Homosexuality is destroying America. Weepy liberalism is destroying America." Later, referring to a recent episode of the cable program The Sopranos (HBO Original Programming, 1999) in which a character on the show is caught by acquaintances in a gay bar, Savage condemned the media for providing a skewed perspective of Americans. He alleged that "according to the media ," only "three or four thousand people ... are white and go to church," while "[t]he other 300 million people are either gay or illegal aliens or gangsters."

now, doesn't reading THAT lift your spirits...? < /snark >

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page