Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Saturday back-to-school weekend in Buenos Aires
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday back-to-school weekend in Buenos Aires

late yesterday, it decided to stop raining and clear up... the night was quite cool, perfect sleeping weather, and this morning dawned into a flawless day... when it's gorgeous here, it doesn't fool around...

i toasted the day by walking over to parque de los niños which borders the rio de la plata... it's a kite-flying, picnicking, fútbol-playing, bike-riding, family mecca on weekends... i took my kite but the wind was fickle and i ended up losing about a hundred yards of string... it's only a travel kite and doesn't compare to some of the acrobatic and stunt kites some folks there were showing off...

after a short nap on a bench, i walked over to the nearby carrefour... O-M-G...! i had completely forgotten that summer vacation is over as of monday when school starts again... the place was packed to the rafters with moms, dads and kids stocking up on school supplies and clothes... but, hey, it was fun... how well i remember those very same shopping excursions with my kids... it gave me a warm feeling which, on top of a great day like this one, makes me happy to be alive...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page