Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bite me, Dick... And I say that with all due respect to our multimillionaire Vice President...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bite me, Dick... And I say that with all due respect to our multimillionaire Vice President...

Vice President Dick Cheney urged Americans Thursday to do a better job of saving. [...] "The American dream begins with saving money and that should begin on the very first day of work," Cheney told a conference [in D.C.].

climb down from your pulpit, you disgusting jerk, and take a cold hard look at reality...
From 2001 to 2004, average family income fell 2.3%, to an inflation-adjusted $70,700 from $72,400 in the 1998-2001 period. By contrast, from 1998 to 2001, average income jumped 17.3%.

not only are americans dealing with the fact that they just flat out don't HAVE any money to save, they are also among the most brainwashed people in the world after having their heads filled for years and years with the obscene notion that more "stuff" = more happiness... they will, by god, have that new house with that new car in the driveway, the home theater, the nice furniture and all of the other "must-have" goodies before they will EVER put a thin dime in a savings account... and THEN, dick, you want to privatize social security which, for many (like me), is their only fallback position, which essentially means that wall street can get their grubby hands on even more money than they've been able to grab already...

if there was any justice in this world, whittington would have peppered YOU...


(thanks to SusanG at Daily Kos...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page