Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Abramoff: "Any important Republican who comes out and says they didn’t know me is almost certainly lying."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Abramoff: "Any important Republican who comes out and says they didn’t know me is almost certainly lying."

DON’T YOU KNOW JACK?

(1) Senator Conrad Burns (Republican, Montana).
(2) Representative John T. Doolittle (Republican, California).
(3) Representative J. D. Hayworth (Republican, Arizona).
(4) House Speaker Dennis Hastert (Republican, Illinois).
(5) R.N.C. chairman Ken Mehlman.
(6) Representative Bob Ney (Republican, Ohio).
(7) Former Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed.
(8) White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove.

so, claiming you DON'T know jack seems to really piss him off...
Being airbrushed out of a whole community in which he cut so wide a swath for the past 10 years, where he helped revolutionize lobbying, where he was very nearly ubiquitous and invincible—it’s enough to hurt someone’s feelings. On other matters related to his situation he tiptoes, as would anyone whose fate—the amount of time he will languish in prison—lies in the hands of prosecutors and the judge. But for someone who has fought his whole career to be acknowledged and respected and feared, being treated like a nonperson is simply too much to take. “For a guy who did all these evil things that have been so widely reported, it’s pretty amazing, considering I didn’t know anyone,” Abramoff says.

[...]

“Any important Republican who comes out and says they didn’t know me is almost certainly lying,” he says. Such lies are not just, well, lies, but dumb to boot, he adds, for, as his own humiliations suggest, old e-mails never die; they just sit on hard drives, waiting to be subpoenaed and then to be leaked to the press. “This is not an age when you can run away from facts,” he declares. “I had to deal with my records, and others will have to deal with theirs.”

i'm past taking solace in sleazebags trying to come clean... i'm way, way past my tolerance level with denials, evasions and outright lies... am i glad abramoff's naming names...? of course... do i think it will make the slightest bit of difference...? no...

(thanks to vanity fair - pdf file - via daily kos...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page