Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bring the U.N. into Iraq
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bring the U.N. into Iraq

juan cole says:
I think the peace movement has a real opportunity here to make a push for much heavier United Nations involvement in Iraq. I say, let's make up placards calling on Kofi Annan to get involved, and calling on Bush to let the UN come in in a big way, with proper protection.

then he goes on to list 7 advantages/arguments for doing so...

nicholas kristof has an editorial in today's nyt, entitled,
"Time for an Extreme Makeover at the White House..." (Available only to TimesSelect subscribers), complete with this teaser:
"President Bush can still rehabilitate himself if he acts quickly and decisively to reshuffle his administration and approach to governing."

as much as i admire and respect juan cole, my response to him is the same as to nicholas kristof: what are you guys smoking...? after nearly 6 years of observing bushco in action, how can you possibly sit there and encourage them to do something that, while it might appear eminently rational to us, is so far out of the realm of possibility for them as to be laughable... digby has a similar thought, albeit taken from a different context...
Submit to them or stand with the resistence.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page