Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: It's all the same
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's all the same

Yup...I was right. To the wingers outing a CIA agent and exposing an illegal wiretap program are the same. In my post about the DoJ investigation into the NSA wiretap leak I proposed:
I believe this may also be an attempt by the WH to conflate the Valerie Plame leak investigation and the domestic spying leak investigation.
Check out this post over at Crooked Timber
Law professor Glenn Reynolds quotes law professor Ann Althouse:
I wonder if those who screamed loudest about the Plame leak and national security are equally outraged about this new leak?
Pointing out this vile hypocrisy must be the zingiest zinger that ever zinged a zingee. They’re right, in way. Few of us who are upset about the outing of Valerie Plame are viscerally upset about the NSA leak, which we tend to see as a classic whistleblower scenario.

Excellent post. Thanks to Atrios for pointing me in the right direction.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page