Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I'm discouraged
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm discouraged

i keep looking for news that will cheer me up and i'm not seeing any... alito appears to be on the fast track to confirmation and we may very likely have a new supreme court justice by tomorrow morning... the bush administration continues to defend illegal spying activity and there is no end to it in sight... stories of torture, secret prisons and extraordinary rendition keep cropping up... the unitary executive theory, interpretive signing statements, the unfettered power of the president as commander in chief during time of endless war are all greeted with outrage by many but continue on, unabated... the environment deteriorates as health care costs and the number of people unable to afford health care coverage rise exponentially... i could go on and on but i would only succeed in heaping despair on top of discouragement... the only thing i see that can stem this terrible tide sweeping away most of everything we hold dear is cleaning house... the present administration and all of its supporters have to go... that is the - probably absurd - hope i hold in my heart...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page