Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Abramoff's M.O.: just "things that happened every day in Washington..."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Abramoff's M.O.: just "things that happened every day in Washington..."

the wapo, in today's edition, features an in-depth profile of jack abramoff, salted with the usual efforts to keep it "fair and balanced..."
A friend of two decades, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), defended Abramoff: "I think he's been dealt a bad hand and the worst, rawest deal I've ever seen in my life. Words like bribery are being used to describe things that happened every day in Washington and are not bribes."

if this is the way things happen "every day in washington," it's a fairly sorry portrait of how scummy "business as usual" has become and an extremely lame excuse for not doing anything about it... rohrabacher may be in the minority in defending abramoff, even among the r's (with the exception, of course, of those who may find themselves heading upriver to prison in abramoff's boat)...
"If anyone is not surprised at the rise and fall of Jack Abramoff, it is me," said Rich Bond, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

[...]

"This is at a scale that is really shocking," said [Former Oklahoma Republican congressman Mickey] Edwards, who teaches public and international affairs at Princeton. "There is a certain kind of arrogance that in the past you might not have had. They were so supremely confident that there didn't seem to be any kind of moral compass here."

now here's a two-part question - will abramoff flip and who will be going upriver with him...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page