Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Saturday Photoblogging: the San Juan and Colorado Rivers
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Saturday Photoblogging: the San Juan and Colorado Rivers

last june, i was flying between reno and dallas and snapped this photo of the confluence of the san juan and colorado rivers from approximately 35,000 feet... meeting in southeastern utah in the glen canyon national recreation area, the rivers feed lake powell, the lake formed by glen canyon dam on the colorado river which lies just across the border in arizona...

Example

The San Juan and
Colorado Rivers meet
(photo, alt. +/- 35000 ft)

the images below are, respectively, a satellite image and a usgs topographic map of the same area...


Example

The San Juan and
Colorado Rivers meet
(Satellite image)

Example

The San Juan and
Colorado Rivers meet
(USGS topographic map)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page