Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Saturday photoblogging - Colonia, Uruguay
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Saturday photoblogging - Colonia, Uruguay

colonia, uruguay, lies across the rio de la plata from buenos aires... the center of the town is a unesco world heritage cultural site, preserving a very early portugese fishing settlement... it's a lovely little town just made for walking...

Example

getting there from buenos aires is quite a treat... the standard ferry trip is three hours... the hydrofoil ferry trims that time to a mere hour and, lemme tell ya, that sucker flat out FLIES... it's HUGE too, inside and out...


Example

if anybody's interested, i've put together a walking and subway guide to buenos aires from the perspective of someone - like me - who prefers to get acquainted with a city the old-fashioned way - on foot...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page