Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Oh, and btw, Clarke says Congress DIDN'T have the same Iraq intelligence
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh, and btw, Clarke says Congress DIDN'T have the same Iraq intelligence

(once again, thanks to think progress...)
Bush officials had access to reams of raw prewar intelligence data that Congress never saw nor had the opportunity to verify:

What happened was that Congress got the finished intelligence that said these things. They didn’t see all the details. … They don’t get the raw information. They don’t get the [forged documents purportedly showing Iraq sought uranium in Africa]; they get the answer, you know — “the uranium going from…” — but they don’t get the information that it’s based on.

i remember vividly watching richard clarke's testimony before congress, live on cnni, while i was in macedonia... the hair on the back of my neck stood up, chills ran up and down my spine, and, several times, i had tears in my eyes... such was the impact of, finally, hearing truth being spoken... i well knew what kind of risk the man was taking with one of the most vicious attack machines in history ensconced in the white house ready to pounce... i am glad to see him back in the public eye... he's one of my heroes and my respect for him is enormous... how ironic that the latest info he has to share comes via the daily show...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page