Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Maybe a touch of good news on energy - "net zero"
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, November 07, 2005

Maybe a touch of good news on energy - "net zero"

just THINK what THIS could mean...
"NREL's [U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory] research is aiming for a 70 percent reduction in energy use in homes without compromising comfort or convenience. The intent is to provide the remaining 30 percent through onsite power supplied by photovoltaics, making the house a net zero energy user," said Bobi A. Garrett, NREL Associate Director of Planning and Technology Management.

add THAT to THIS...
Honda unveiled a new hydrogen-powered fuel-cell concept car Wednesday which runs on a refueling unit that also supplies electricity and hot water for the home.

The FCX Concept uses the Home Energy Station, which generates hydrogen from natural gas supplied to households, Honda said as it unveiled the vehicle at a press preview at the Tokyo Motor Show east of the capital.

The system refines natural gas to provide the vehicle with hydrogen which is mixed with oxygen to power the car.

It can also supply electricity to the home and recover heat during power generation for domestic water heating.

As well as reducing carbon dioxide emissions by some 40 percent, the system is expected to halve the total cost of household electricity, gas and vehicle fuel, Honda said.

and you have THIS...
Not only could America's homes be energy self-sufficient, but their homes can power their cars. [...] Instead of keeping America chained to the near monopolies of the electricity providers, instead of keeping America dependent on the twisted economic logic of oil companies, instead of keeping American troops in oil-producing regions, instead of running headlong into strategic conflict with China—let's just build and sell better houses, offices and communities.

just think...!!

Submit To Propeller

And, yes, I DO take it personally home page