Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Judy Miller and Bob Woodward: fouling your own nest
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Judy Miller and Bob Woodward: fouling your own nest

Special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald indicted I. Lewis ''Scooter" Libby Jr. on criminal charges, including obstruction of justice, making a false statement and perjury in the CIA leak investigation. The press indicted itself on grounds of coziness, self-interest, and dishonesty.

i've never doubted the coziness, self-interest, and dishonesty... what i had retained some small amount of faith in was that, WITHIN the media establishment, journalists would, in order to not foul their own nest, respect the need for their superiors to know what they were up to... judy and bob have shown that the need to maintain insider status trumps the integrity of the masthead that provides the ability to gain that status in the first place...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page