Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The assassination of JFK
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The assassination of JFK

On Nov. 22, 1963, President Kennedy was assassinated while riding in a motorcade in Dallas. Texas Gov. John B. Connally was seriously wounded. A suspect, Lee Harvey Oswald, was arrested. Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson became the 36th president of the United States.

i was in high school geometry class when the word came... as it was a catholic high school, class was immediately dismissed and we all filed into the church next door... people were in shock for days... no one knew what to do or what to say... the tv set was left on, a rarity in our house... it seemed simply incomprehensible that this vital, dynamic, charismatic man was no longer with us... the mother of a friend of mine had come close to throwing me out of her house when i tried to convince her to support kennedy instead of nixon in the election and now, just like that, he was gone...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page