Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Are the Dems going to save us...? [UPDATE]
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, November 14, 2005

Are the Dems going to save us...? [UPDATE]

(bumped)

an interesting diary on kos...


[UPDATE]

curious... the diary on kos appears to have been wiped... ~scratches chin~ hmmmmm... i've written kos and asked what happened... no response so far...
Maybe I am in the wrong place, but I am not a Democrat. I've never registered as a Democrat, and I'll probably never be a Democrat.

[...]

I've found a lot of really interesting, really powerful, really good stuff on [Kos]. But I've also found a lot that concerns me. I've been called a Republican, a troll, a racist, a bigot, an asshole, whatever. That's fine. But more than anything I've been told to leave, or that I should be kicked out, or that I don't fit in.

[...]

Is there a place for someone who doesn't buy the party line, who doesn't trust Democrats automatically, and who doesn't believe that any Democrat is automatically better than any Republican?

i haven't been called a troll or a republican or any of those other things... however, i share some of those feelings but perhaps for different reasons...

i believe that both democrats and republicans have been complicit in taking this country to its current predicament... both parties have cozied up to big business, both parties have tolerated their share of corruption, both parties have been arrogant with power... moreover, i don't believe in "black hats" and "white hats" any more... the need to demonize one side in order to embrace the other is a sad commentary on human nature and also reflects the fundamental - and mistaken - adherence to a dualistic perspective, either/or rather than both/and...

that said, i also believe that the current administration is one of the most fundamentally evil groups of people it is in my power to imagine and having them in charge of the country is completely unacceptable... they have moved beyond politics as usual into the realm of nightmarishness... their consummate goals of destroying any and all implied or explicit social contracts between the governors and the governed, consolidating all power and money in the hands of the few, neo-conning their way to global domination, and using fundamentalist religious ideology to enforce social control are among the most naked and odious moves this country has ever endured... they make all the previous shenanigans of both parties seem like a sunday school picnic by comparison...

can we last three more years...? can we last another year...? i am not sure... i am hoping against hope that we will somehow be delivered from this mess... how that will happen remains to be seen... are the dems the ones...? dunno...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page