Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: What next for Bush...? "One shudders to think..."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, October 29, 2005

What next for Bush...? "One shudders to think..."

in an opinion piece entitled "bush's imploding presidency," robert kuttner acknowledges the satisfaction felt by some, myself included, at the difficulties being experienced by bushco's criminal gang... but he also echoes my own profound gloom as i survey the wreckage of their rule to date and contemplate three more years of the same... particularly troubling is the speculation on what new and potentially more destructive adventures they might cook up now that they're wounded and feeling cornered...
One can only hope that Bush will respond to the damage created by his alliance with the far right by rejecting the captivity of Rove, Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld, and turning outward. Given all the temptations in this dangerous world, and all we've learned about the administration's cynicism in using the politics of fear and division to manipulate public opinion, one shudders to think what Rove, Cheney, et al. might dream up if Bush, in his present damaged condition, circles the wagons.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page