Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Election day tomorrow in Argentina
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Election day tomorrow in Argentina

voting in argentina, btw, is mandatory for all those over 18...
Voters will elect representatives for half of the Argentine lower Chamber of Deputies and a third of the Senate. [...] Campaigning ended on Friday, and no more rallies or polls are allowed before voting day.

the elections have also provided a bit of good news for yours truly although not for argentines converting to u.s. dollars...
Pre-election jitters yesterday weakened the peso, which closed at three to the US dollar, a level last seen in December 2004. Apart from local conditions, traders said that investors retreating from emerging markets also had an impact on the local foreign exchange market.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page