Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Anti-gay in the first person
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Anti-gay in the first person

alternet has a good post up today with a few first-person accounts of anti-gay vehemence, taken in the heat of the battle to pass a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage in texas... a sample...
"The bible is very clear -- homosexuality is an abomination, and I do think homosexual marriage should be illegal. This is not just my opinion. This is God's opinion. [...] [S]in is sin. We're not animals. We're people, and I do not believe that you're born homosexual. They only have two signs over at the hospital: blue ones for the boys and pink ones for the girls. God knows when we're born what we're supposed to be."

many cited statistics...
[She] rattled off numbers that come from widely discredited reports by Paul Cameron. The chairman of a right-wing outfit called the Family Research Institute, Cameron was dropped from membership in the American Psychological Association in 1983 for lack of cooperation with the Committee on Scientific and Professional Ethics and Conduct.

i've always wondered why, if being gay is a choice, would anyone in his or her right mind consciously CHOOSE a way of life so filled with potential misery...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page