Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Ronnie Earle responds, bless 'im
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ronnie Earle responds, bless 'im

Being vilified as a "rogue district attorney," a "fanatic" and "an unabashed partisan zealot," among other epithets, was not the worst part of his day, said Ronnie Earle, hours after announcing the indictment of Representative Tom DeLay and two associates.

"Mostly, I haven't had any lunch," said Mr. Earle, the Travis County prosecutor, speaking from his office in Austin.

[...]

But Mr. Earle would not let it pass, it turned out. "I find they often accuse others of doing what they themselves do," he said. "And what else are they going to say?"

"This is about protecting the integrity of our electoral system and I couldn't just ignore it," he said.

[...]

But he denied that politics had played any role, as Mr. DeLay and his lawyers claimed.

"I would expect that that would be their response," Mr. Earle said. "This is what they believe of themselves."

ya gotta love him...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page