Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: David Corn writes on Democratic disarray
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, September 22, 2005

David Corn writes on Democratic disarray

The election of 2006 is a year away. But if the Democrats are going to try to turn it into a national election--that is, one with overarching themes that can play in various districts and states--they will eventually need a consensus pitch. Going national in this fashion is always a difficult task for a party; most elections are determined by local factors and the qualities of the particular candidates. But it's even tougher when the party has competing messages on the key issues of the moment.

"if the Democrats are going to try..." "they will eventually need..." "a party..." "the party..." who are these people he's referring to...? up until recently, i thought i was one of them... i'm a registered dem... i'm tossing an admittedly paltry $25 a month into dem coffers but it's what i can afford... but "they" aren't speaking for "me..." the recent split over the roberts nomination reveals complete democratic disarray... there's clearly no cohesive national democratic leadership and certainly not one i can identify with... does that still make me a democrat...? at this point, i'm not sure...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page