Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Wow...! A media journalist with a spine...! (And more subliminal NYT bias...)
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wow...! A media journalist with a spine...! (And more subliminal NYT bias...)

cool... very cool... as as the porteńos say, "re piola..."
For Bob Costas, the issue was not complicated.

The longtime NBC sports and talk show host, who signed on this year to be an occasional substitute for Larry King on CNN, resisted a request last Thursday to be the host of a King program devoted to interviewing guests about the already widely covered Natalee Holloway missing-person case in Aruba.

When he could not get the show's topic changed, Mr. Costas said he respectfully decided not to participate.

"I don't believe there was a single American who was sitting around saying 'I'd really like to see Bob Costas's take on this,' " Mr. Costas said in telephone interview.

now, what i would REALLY like to know is why the nyt accompanied this quite legitimate news story with a photo of bob costas and al franken when there was no mention of al franken in the story... oh, hell... i already KNOW the answer to THAT... it just grinds my ass to see such blatant editorializing in the supposedly "liberal" nyt, the major organ of the VLWC...

Example

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page