Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: RAT-zinger is no do-it-yourself'er
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, August 21, 2005

RAT-zinger is no do-it-yourself'er

Pope Benedict XVI has warned of the dangers of secularism and of "do it yourself" religion, on the final day of his visit to his native Germany.

now, why in the world would i want to make up my own religion...? that's for rev. moon, pat robertson, james dobson, and mullah omar... what the RAT-zinger's REALLY saying is that we can't do it without the guidance of adepts or the initiated or the blessed or the anointed or the sanctified or the ordained or all those other self-important middle-men that have set themselves up between us and our higher power...

the difference between religion and spirituality...? religious people believe in hell... spiritual people have already been there...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page