Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A heartbreaking comment from a Vietnam vet's wife - about Bush
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A heartbreaking comment from a Vietnam vet's wife - about Bush

this just appeared in the comments section to an earlier post... the poster did not leave an email address so i am reprinting it here in hopes that it will touch someone else like it just touched me... this is the very kind of tragedy and waking nightmare that bush and the rest of his crowd need to bear full accountability for...
At the same time Bush decided to send our kids overseas, he cut funds to help veterans with war-related disabilities. At this time, there is no fee basis treatement for vets and this comes at a time that their PTSD is literally killing them. I am watching my husband slowly disintegrate before my eyes, and this after so many years of suffering. He is suicidal and hopeless and making literally terrible decisions for himself. It is likely that he will become one of the statistics...the Vietnam vets who died later on from their war-related experiences, but who weren't counted. I have been told that I will lose my ChampVA if he commits suicide, after lsoing my husband, and of course, I will be uninsurable since I gave up my own ins after they finally gave him a 100% disability for lungs, mental health issues, etc. They draft you to fight for their companies' profits overseas and then they dump on you when you are injured. The draft-dodgers (wealthy kids) truly are priveleged,....
By the way, we were never reimbursed for the six figures in medical expenses that war has already cost us. I was hoping that at least my husband would be able to enjoy his old age, but that is doubtful. It would really perk him up if someone would stand up and start the impeachment process...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page