Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Homophobe alert...!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Homophobe alert...!

Representatives of the nation's top psychiatric group approved a statement Sunday urging legal recognition of gay marriage. If approved by the association's directors in July, the measure would make the American Psychiatric Association the first major medical group to take such a stance. The statement supports same-sex marriage "in the interest of maintaining and promoting mental health."

i remember clearly when the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) was revised by the APA (American Psychiatric Association) to no longer classify homosexuality as a mental disorder...

promoting the legal recognition of gay marriage is a logical extension of that view altho' it's taken them since 1980 to get there...

now, thanks to a source whose name escapes me, i offer this mental picture for your consideration and enjoyment - james dobson of focus on the family reading this interesting piece of news with DONALD DUCK STEAM coming out of his ears...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page