Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Hmmm... Reid's latest on filibuster
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, May 06, 2005

Hmmm... Reid's latest on filibuster

on the one hand, the headline says...

"Reid Says He Doesn't Intend to Filibuster"

then the article goes on to say...

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid has privately told individual Republicans he doesn't intend to block votes on any Supreme Court nominees except in extreme cases.

extreme, huh...? reid goes on to say...
''I can never say there will never be a filibuster because I cannot say that,'' he said recently on the Senate floor.

double negative... tsk, tsk...

not so very long ago (even tho' it seems like years in blogosphere time)...

[Frist] proposed retaining existing filibuster rules for district court nominees while guaranteeing a yes-or-no vote for appointees to the appeals court and Supreme Court.

Reid swiftly denounced it as ''a big fat wet kiss to the far right.''

Asked afterward whether there were additional compromises he could offer, Reid seemed less that definitive.

''The answer is, not at this point,'' he said.

reid's gotta wait to see what the response to THIS compromise offer is gonna be first, you ninny...!

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page