Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Defending the indefensible...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, May 30, 2005

Defending the indefensible...

Gen. Richard B. Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the United States has done a good job of treating detainees humanely. [...] "This is a different kind of struggle, a different kind of war," Myers said on "Fox News Sunday." [...] "We struggle with how to handle them, but we've always handled them humanely and with the dignity that they should be accorded."

'scuse me...? 'scuse ME...??" there's no way in hell you can read the memo signed by president bush waiving the rights of geneva for detainees, the subsequent interrogation techniques written by general ricardo sanchez (later denied under oath before the senate armed services committee), view the pictures taken at abu ghraib, and read the accounts from guantanamo and respond to this with anything other than, "excuse me, general myers, sir, i know you are a five-star general, but you are spouting complete and utter BULLSHIT...!"

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page