Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: terrorism...? what terrorism...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, April 16, 2005

terrorism...? what terrorism...?

The State Department decided to stop publishing an annual report on international terrorism after the government's top terrorism center concluded that there were more terrorist attacks in 2004 than in any year since 1985, the first year the publication covered.

the claim is that the way statistics were generated for use in the report was flawed which was what led to the number of terrorism incidents in last year's report being undercounted... gosh, i'm just a hick from the sticks, but it would seem to me that between last year and this year, there would have been ample time to FIX the goddam report rather than scrubbing it outright... but wait...!

U.S. intelligence officials said Rice's office decided to eliminate "Patterns of Global Terrorism" when the counterterrorism center declined to use alternative methodology that would have reported fewer significant attacks.

~smacks forehead~ silly me...

ok, i know this is snarky but one of the things that sticks in my mind about condi is that she will only wear ferragamo shoes...



A Ferragamo shoe


Condoleezza Rice

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page