Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Reality really sucks, doesn't it, Mitch...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Reality really sucks, doesn't it, Mitch...?

Administrators: budget will cut 6,000 teachers
Indianapolis, April 6

Parents, teachers, and students packed the Indiana Statehouse Wednesday to sound off. They filled the rotunda, stairwells and balconies to protest proposed cuts to education.

Melanie Wright is an educator. "I am furious. We are a small school corporation. We have already lost our Title One money this year. Now we are losing dollars next year and for the following year."

[...]

Protesters backed up their talk with signs reading "show me the money", "I love my school" and "stand up for public education." Crowd members chanted "No more Mitch. No more Mitch," referring to Governor Mitch Daniels.

State budget proposals include little increases for education. School administrators believe it will cost almost 6,000 teachers their jobs over the next two years.

aw, mitch... boo-hoo... cry me a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT...! it's time for you to flip the digit to norquist, cato and any other morons who are putting pressure on you to toe the ideological line... you were elected governer of INDIANA, my man, and you better start figuring out how you can best serve the people who live THERE rather than listening to some pointy-headed coaches reading out of the playbook for a game that can't be won...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page