Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bill Frist's reply..
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Bill Frist's reply..

nothing noteworthy here other than the fact that he did reply...

(from my email...)
Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the judicial nomination process. It is an honor to serve in the United States Senate.

As Majority Leader, ensuring that President Bush's judicial nominees receive fair treatment is one of my top priorities. Each of the President's nominees that has been brought before the full Senate has been well-qualified and deserving of approval. The Constitution's "advice and consent" clause clearly gives the Senate the prerogative to accept or reject any of the President's judicial nominations. Unfortunately, a minority of Senators are using Senate rules to stop the confirmation of many of these nominees and thwart the will of the majority. Their unwise and dangerous efforts are unprecedented and must not be allowed to succeed.

I have already taken several steps to address this attack on our Constitution and judicial system. On June 5, 2003, I proposed a narrow change to Senate rules that would prohibit long term filibustering of judicial nominees. On November 12 - 14, 2003, I held the Senate in session for almost forty straight hours, ”the longest continuous debate in over 10 years,” to force the minority to defend their actions.

Rest assured, I will continue to fight for fair treatment of the President's judicial nominations in the 109th Congress. Anything less is unfair to the nominees, the President, the integrity of the judicial system and the American people.

Sincerely,
William H. Frist, M.D.
Majority Leader
United States Senate

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page